After exiting the “Sword” barracks, we will find ourselves in front of two entries to rooms located under the rampart. On the left, there is an observation post built in 1897 – one of the five observation posts in the Fortress. The object is made of concrete with walls from 1,5 to 3m thick. It also includes an armoured dome with a thickness of 200 mm and weighing app. 9 tons. The dome is very well visible when one stands on the top of the rampart. It served as an observation point and point for leading the artillery fire.
6. The artillery observation post with armoured dome
|Listen to audio description|
|54.03342523528029 ; 21.750903546744667||Show on map|