The Gunpowder Gate also known as the war gate was built in 1848. It was purposed for supplying troops operating outside the fortress. On both sides of the gate, beneath the rampart, ammunition compartments were located. Two caponiers are visible: single-level from the left (of the Sword Bastion) and two-storey from the right (of the Law Bastion).
23. The Gunpowder Gate
|54.032266614547105 ; 21.75110927220885||Show on map|