54.03428680857224 ; 21.74983254075869 Show on map

Between two parts of the Giżycka Gate (where Ludwig and Sword bastions meet) there is a caponier which was the element of the system for defending entrance to the Fortress. It was built around 1849 and it is a fortification, shooting U-shaped structure intended for delivering flanking or oblique fire in two opposite directions. Originally, the caponier had two levels (currently one) with seven shooting point on each level. By the end of the 19th century, the structure was modernized with a concrete underlayment in order to reinforce the ceiling of this masonry structure. Currently, the historical caponier is a café opened during summer season.

Giżycko Municipal Commune © 2023 All rights reserved

strony internetowe mrągowo, tworzenie stron mrągowo, pozycjonowanie stron mrągowo